Monday, September 04, 2006

good to eat

I woke up and found you in my mind
like the light from the refrigerator
in the middle of the night
rummaging through the tasty bits
looking for something good to eat
you were in my mind

I got up and hurried least you be waiting
at my door or in my car or anywhere I might find you
maybe in the shower I gave myself
making myself fresh and clean,
waiting for you to step through the curtain
and soap down my back
and kiss me
all sudzy and slippery and wet

I sat down to work
and listened for your footsteps
I could almost hear your voice
I could almost smell your skin
like the breath of star jasmine
sweet and musky and full of desire
riding lightly, barely touching the air
swept by faint currents
carried far from where you were

and then the phone rang
and it was you
and the sun came out
and made a glorious day

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home